Thursday, November 24, 2011

November 24, 2011 - 0350

This one came to me when I got out of the shower a couple of days ago. I looked in the mirror, noticing the lines in my face and the gray hairs in various places. And I smiled to my mirror because I knew that despite being older I was still not exactly a grown-up.

Reflections

Have you ever stood in front of a mirror
And thought aloud to yourself 
Remember when I was young?

Do you look at yearbooks and photos
And say to nobody
Was I really that small?

Or thin?
Or innocent?
Did I really have that much hair?

Do you see kids playing and wonder
Did I ever play like that?
So carefree? Without fear?

Do the wrinkles remind you that you're old?
Does the gray hair make you wistful for your youth?
Does every birthday make you a little sad?

Or...do you look at the wrinkles
And gray hair; and growing number of candles
And smile, because you know growing older

Doesn't necessarily mean
Growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment