Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 3, 2012 - 0500

This one is about our dog, Fiona. Fiona is a fawn colored greyhound that we rescued from a nearby dog track. She's 5 years old, and still plays with the carefree abandon of a puppy. She occasionally growls and barks, while throwing her toys in the air. She will follow me or my wife around the house, always wondering what we are up to and if there is a possible treat in the making. She's goofy and rambunctious and we love her dearly.

Puppy Love


I love you because you're crazy
I love you because you're calm
I love you because you comfort me
When I wake up scared from a storm

I love you when you snuggle next to me
I love you when you lay quietly by yourself
I love you when you're head is on my lap
And your tongue leaves its mark on my pants

I love you when you're ears are standing up
I love you when your tail wags in circles
I love you when you smile with your doggie teeth
Looking mean to those who don't know any better

I love your furry little head
I love your fuzzy little feet
I love to scratch your little tum
And feel the fur under my fingertips

There's nothing like your small, warm head
Resting gently on my knee
Reminding me that all is fine
No matter what the world has done

No comments:

Post a Comment