Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21, 2013 - 0900

Friends I Don't Even Know

I get the notifications daily
Or, at least on the day that they happen
Another officer killed in the line of duty
Another hero gone from the world

The number was the lowest in years
Decades
Tell that to the families left behind
Tell that to the children who are a parent short now

As I read the stories of their demise
I wonder and worry
About people I don't even know
Virtual cops

I wonder about @Mia_Ria
On the job with her children at home
I am concerned about @SuburbanFiveOh
And his recent switch to the midnight shift

I know only a little about @ShadowCoPodcast
But when the stream went eerily quiet
I hoped that he was okay
And that work had just become "work"

Others, like @TheMalligator and @LPD5408
Are still active and prolific
I know they are doing well
But I still am concerned for my brothers in blue

I wouldn't even know if something happened to them
Unless it showed up on the feed
In the timeline
If it were news, I'd never know it was them

I know ours is a dangerous job
We have loved ones who care for us
Who worry about us, want us home safely at night
I am a stranger to these officers, but I worry and care too

No comments:

Post a Comment