Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September 4, 2013 - 1020

I've heard and read that if you're going to write, you should stick with what you know. It makes it easier and you'll be more prolific and happier with what you have put down. So, I started thinking about what I know, and what I like to write about.


Calliope, Erato, and Thalia

I didn't want to stick with just writing about my dogs
or my job or my family
But that's all that inspires me
These three things are my muses

I don't want to bore the readers with
how I think about my sweet dog not being with us any more
How sometimes I laugh about her and sometimes I cry
and she's been gone for over a year

I didn't want people to think that I was only the police
and that all I could tell them were stories about drunks
and fights, and blood and pain
But some days that's my job

I was not really willing to tell everybody how much I care
about my wife; how much she inspires me every day
To be a better man that I ever thought I could be
But it's the truth. She does

Zoomies and whippy tails and squeaky toys
Lights and sirens and radios
Smiles and warmth and love
This is what I love to write about


No comments:

Post a Comment