Thursday, October 8, 2015

October 8, 2015 - 0900

Hearing about another dog leaving the world and her people always makes me reflect on our sweet girl. I know that I've written thousands of words about Pepper, but that's how it goes. And most of them have been sad and that's how that goes as well.

This is one that came to me when I was in my car at work and a shadow crossed my vision. There was nothing there when I turned my head but it got me thinking.

Grey Ghost

When I feed our dog
Sometimes I hear two sets of feet
Clicking across the floor
In the kitchen

I know there's only one dog
But I also feel like she's there
Her stubby tail wagging
To and fro

When I'm watching TV
Or reading I see our dog
Sleeping and sometimes I
Glimpse her going up the stairs

I don't really but I think I do
Her wide hips switching
Left and right as she
Hops up each riser

When I'm laying in bed
With a book or device in hand
I think I feel her jump
Onto the bed by my feet

I know she's not there
She left us three years ago
But in my mind I see her
Hear her. And always miss her

No comments:

Post a Comment