Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 11-13, 2011 - 0455

It's been quite a long time since I posted something here. Not due to being overly busy or anything, just being overly tired, lazy, and not having much to write about on the work front.  So I decided to encapsulate the entire shift into one poem. This is only three days, because I had the first night off.

What Could Happen In Only 72 Hours?


As the days grow short and cool
The college drunks are back in school
It was a Monday night fiasco
That we dealt with from the word go

When two groups fight over stupid crap
They never like when I give them flap
Potted plant broken over a head
Like hitting a rock is what I said

And another set of drinking pals
Both active like little animals
One so bombed that he barely stood
In a fellow coppers neighborhood

We spoke for only a minute or two
I'd actually stopped listening - this was true
There'd been no threat only boozy dreams
With beer filled bladder bursting at the seams

Our next night we went to a house
And crept around like a feathered grouse
But our callers eyes were failing him
The only intruder, his basketball rim

The last night found a tire leaking
A screw in the tread was shyly peaking
Letting air out slow and steady
In a different car, I still was ready

No comments:

Post a Comment