Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October 16-17, 2011 - 0715

I titled it that way because it's actually being written several days later. My work PC was acting wonky, and I meant to put this out when I got home, but other things took up my time. Vet appointment with the dog, sleeping only 2 hours or so. It was quite a day. But so were my first two nights of duty. I took off the second two for training.

Pro Tips


Take the advice of a veteran
About 14 years a veteran
When I offer you a chance
Take it

I watched you and your friend
You walked out - staggered out
He got behind the wheel, fired it up
You stood at the curb, whipped it out
That's when we needed to talk

I asked you why
You denied it
I showed you a river of urine
You denied it

Name and birthday made you 18
And drunk. Now I'm angry
Not at you so much - at the bar
Bartender specifically

You said no ID - until I saw it
Now I'm mad at you
You lied to me
Shame, shame, shame

Your friend - too drunk to drive
Or speak coherently
Until the handcuffs go on
Then it's perfectly loud and clear

PRO TIP - If I give you a chance
Take it
Be honest
Don't pee outside

Night two was opposite night
Polite, cooperative, stable
Also drunk as a skunk
Be honest

"I had six beers"
His tests didn't seem like six
His breath said six
At least six, maybe a couple more

He called his wife for a ride
She hung up on him
Twice
Third time, she agreed to get him

PRO TIP #2 - if your wife says
Come home. Listen to her
You honesty is with with me
It goes even further with her

No comments:

Post a Comment