Friday, April 15, 2011

April 15, 2011 - 0533

This will be a free poem, open verse, free verse. No set rhyme pattern, no structured meter. Tonight was a slow, cold night despite it being the middle of April. I'm waiting for this global warming thing to kick in.

Free Verse - Where I Work


Where I work is small
Tiny
Full of tension and laughs
If you know where to find them

Where I work can be
Dangerous
Nights of boredom and excitement
If you know where to look for it.

Where I work has its characters
Caricatures
Cartoon depictions of those who
Serve and protect

Where I work has it's problems
Controversies
He said/he said from all side and places
And you don't have to look too hard to find it.

Where I work isn't the best place
Nope
Not even close to ideal
But I wouldn't want any other job.

I took tomorrow (April 16, 2011) off, so there will be no post for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment