Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 28, 2011 - 0507

It's tough to write about work and policing and interactions with the public, when you can't even make it out of the office before the last of the bars close. That's what happened tonight, so in place of action and excitement, I bring you a list. List poetry is simple, fun, easy to write, with no structured rhyme or meter. It's simply a list of items that come to the authors head.

In my case, it's a short biography. Or chronology. Or whatever you care to call it.

13 Things About Me or When I Was...


1) When I was about 13 I knew what I wanted to be
2) When I was about 16 I knew college wasn't for me
3) When I was about 18 I left my house for good
4) When I was about 19 I was defending the common good
5) When I was about 22 I gave college another try
6) When I was about 23 I knew I just wasn't that guy
7) When I was about 25 I made my dream come true
8) When I was about 30 it ended out of the blue
9) When I was about 32 I packed up and moved again
10) When I was about 33 I was the happiest I'd ever been
11) When I was about 35 my dream once again came true
12) When I was about 36 my love of it completely grew
13) Now I am 37, later this year to be 38
And for whatever my future holds, I certainly cannot wait

No comments:

Post a Comment