Sunday, September 18, 2011

September 18, 2011 - 0415

I was given a pleasant surprise when I got in to work this evening. Four of us for the night shift. FOUR! Amazing! Of course, two were part time and one was the regular guy who does as little as possible. But this night, we were all actually trying to get into something. It just wasn't in the cards I guess, since we all came up empty. I did notice while I was getting my car washed that I had put 102 miles on the car in three days. It made me a little bit angry at myself, that in all of those miles I couldn't come up with anything. Maybe tomorrow.

Where Did I Really Go?


There was a bumper crop of cops in town
Four, up from three, up from two
A quarter of the town is still inaccessible by car
But, we made do

I tried to increase my numbers
It's not easy when you can't drive the streets of your own town
I was able to stop two cars
But nobody I stopped was a problem

Where I work isn't that big
Only 0.6 miles square
Yet, somehow I put
102 miles on the car in three days

Depending on what route I'd drive
That's a trip to Chicago and back
in the space of 0.6 miles square
I've driven a lot with nothing to show

No comments:

Post a Comment