Friday, September 23, 2011

September 23, 2011 - 0545

What a night! A huge contrast from the night before. My first night back had nothing. Only one car stop by anyone working and it was for a violation that I'm not sure I could use in my own head even though it's a legitimate offense.

Tonight was opposite night in town. It started off with me tired and heartburn-y, and ended with a "Wow!" story.

Oh What A Night


It started off slowly and I was tired
In a hazy funk my brain was mired
Hadn't slept well, mind was not wired
for working eight hours in it's entire

I saw a car coming, high beams on
Gave a fair warning then my lights came on
Not drunk in the car and so I was gone
This driver was not to be my pawn

Only minutes later a second car spied
With no lights on, on their expensive ride
Red and blue flashing slowed the tide
of a driver I soon discovered was fried

Some weed and a pipe on his person he had
He screamed for a lawyer, and then mom and dad
16 years old and out being bad
His mother showed up, she was not glad

Then a fight call in a nearby bar
We flew to the place in shiny black cars
A man with a knife had tried to run far
But being so drunk made him run like in tar

An argument only, there was no knife
The alleged victim wasn't in fear for his life
Now we're harassing and causing some strife
The smell of his booze-breath was very rife

with anger, hatred and fear
All of these things he explained in not so clear
words all slurred and stinking of beer
He gave us the finger all night far and near

Back again to the tavern for another drunk
She's hammered and has a stripe like a skunk
down the back of her coat, she tells me she's "crunk"
She bit a bouncer because "his hair stunk"

She didn't draw blood so we just made her go
Shooed into a cab, we ended the show
Would we be back? I didn't know
The craziness the night just continued to grow

A pair of drunk fellows, one in red one in black
Have stopped by the city hall on the train track
The dark dressed one is peeing with knack
And walking along trying not to get whacked

I scolded them both and sent them away
There were bigger things going on this day
They staggered along in a gentle sway
Away from the hustling fighting and fray

The bars all closed quickly and thought we were done
But the radio crackled with a bit more fun
A guy on a bike path trying not to run
I went to see what prize we had won

One of the drunks from my city hall stop
Was now all alone with a fair city cop
Wasted and high he couldn't walk or hop
The air his story cut like a martial arts chop

He shivered and shook  as he told his tale
of a small child in white and a ghostly female
Who'd said "Help me" by a bike locking rail
And then disappeared like a cloud in a gale

The ghost story was the perfect cap to a night
That lifted me from tired to a wide awake height
With a ticket in angry Army guys sight
And a scary story full of drunken fright

No comments:

Post a Comment