Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1, 2011 - 0400

This one is early, because I wrote it fast. No other reason, it just flowed this morning, despite the usual "there was nothing going on, blah blah blah". And it's a sonnet, in iambic pentameter too!

A Rosarian Sonnet to be exact. Easy and familiar rhyme scheme and the 10 syllable meter that we all know and love. I got out of the station pretty quickly tonight, only 75 minutes spent with my peer. It made him frustrated that I knew all of his stories before he told them to me. Of course that didn't prevent him from telling them all again, as well as rehashing his "theory" about how the department will be gone soon.

Summer Is Still Hanging On


My peer's paranoia is known in town
Despite what he says I still cannot frown
It's a warm night and I love what I do
He left fairly early as I went out
To check on the town, see who was about

The usual places were all lit up
Beer flowing but no DUI stops
The warm air made me uncomfortable too
September is supposedly the fall
Down my back, under armor, sweat did crawl

The end of my week, first one back in town
Stories were traded by them and by me
Good or bad this job is where I should be
Not much goes on here that can get me down

No comments:

Post a Comment