Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5 2011 - 0500

This is a twofer. I got a little busy last night (9/3-4) as you will read and ran out of time in my regular shift to write some verses. As it turned out, I had plenty of time, but I was tired and decided to combine yesterday and today. Today was typical. And by typical, I mean not a damn thing went on all night.

This form is called an English Quintain. It's five lines per stanza, with an easy to follow rhyme scheme and no syllabic meter. Makes for easy writing in the that respect, but not so much in the rhyming.

Two For The Price of One


My first night back and I was trapped
Long talking, but not saying a thing
I was tired, though I had napped
Hoping for info I let him sing
And his paranoia did not cling

After moving illegally parked cars I drove
Stopped two more hoping for a drinker
But nothing doing near our cove
One was cheerful, little stinker
The other a more solemn thinker

A simple drive then turned to chaos
Fighting men and lots of bleeding
What a scene to come across
An ambulance I was needing
Their medical advice he was not heeding

Difficulty finding someone
A day shifter called out ill
I stayed over myself, there was no one
The city doesn't foot the bill
I don't dip into their meager till

Tonight by contrast was a snore
A few people around but not many
Staying active became a chore
But cool air we had aplenty
The open windows they did help me

No comments:

Post a Comment