Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 7, 2011 - 0415

These have been getting earlier as time goes on. Maybe I'm getting better at what I do. Naaaah, I don't think that's it. But it has been easy writing these past few poems. That's inspiring to me, since it wasn't exactly a walk in the park when I started.

I was another quiet night on the shift, with the excitement coming from outside the department. It wouldn't be proper for me to elaborate, but suffice it to say that there were smiles and jokes and lots of laughter at the station when I came in.

I decided to write a short ode to my shift and to police in general. If you're a police officer reading this, you can definitely relate to working the midnight shift, and coming home after a weekly rotation to the family.

Ode To Night Time Peacekeepers


I made it through another week
And though the bad guys I did seek
We only locked up two fair rogues
How many left, Bog only knows

The weather changing has an effect
Warm to cold means those who're wrecked
Don't walk or drive, but usually cab
Making working long and a boring drag

But I'm sworn to drive the streets
And wave and smile to those I meet
No matter wind or rain or cold
We tarry forth, forever bold

Warriors of the gold and blue
Upholding justice, standing true
Against potential chaos ringing
The law breakers their melee bringing

Fear and sadness to the folk
And towards this we go, though rains may soak
Or wind cut deeply to the bone
We fight the evil until it's done

And to our families loving arms
We settle to, where there is no harm
Only safety and warmth this perk
'Til the next nights unknown work

No comments:

Post a Comment