Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 29, 2011 - 0405

An early one to be sure. I looked back on some of the things I have written about, and I saw a definite pattern. Long, boring nights with not much going on. My peer at the department chewing my ear for a couple of hours every week. And occasional excitement or arrests. I will continue to showcase the excitement when it happens, but I want to move away from the mundane crap that happens around the department. If you're a cop, you know that midnight shift is a dead one. They don't call it the graveyard shift for nothing.

So, in that line, I have a summary of tonight's activities, and then a more personal one.

3 Shorts and A Bio


I tried to make movies and failed
But nobody who asked really wailed
Our technology's slow
And everyone knows
The reports where the suspects get nailed

Staying and hearing them talk
When no cars circle the block
Their tales made me smile
So I listened a while
And then back to the office I'd locked

The bullets all needed some sorting
But I had no way of exporting
In an orderly way
But the range trash saved the day
And no more loose ammo cavorting

- - - - - - - - - -

Who am I?
Husband? Yes.
Cop? Yes.
But...who?

Animal lover? Yes.
Poetry writer? Yes.
Picture taker? Yes.
But...who?

Tough guy? No.
Bad guy? No.
Mean guy? No.
But...who?

Angry man? No.
Quiet man? Yes.
Forceful man? No.
Smart man? Yes.

Who am I? Just a man...
Police man
Dog man
Reading man
Writing man
Loving man

No comments:

Post a Comment