Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14, 2011 - 0520

I like Mondays. My work week isn't a regular 9-5 Monday through Friday sort of thing. Mondays are actually pretty slow and usually uneventful. The troublesome bar is closed, most folks have to work and aren't out causing a ruckus. It's a nice break from the Friday/Saturday extravaganza that precedes it.

I attempted a doggerel tonight. Not a set meter or rhyme, but it's a semi-humorous set of verses about our Monday and small town policing.

Doggerel Attempt #1


Afternoon shift had three cars
The midnight shift two and open bars
No matter for us, we work the same
Safely ending a late night ball game

Driving the town and parking lots
Used to seeing events where I say "Whaaat?!"
A vacationing pee'er behind a bar
Instead of inside, he'd pee'd on a car

Back to the beer and bowls of nuts
Inside of the building, drunken putz
The rest of my night was spent in peace
Cause tomorrow he's back, and all that will cease

No comments:

Post a Comment