Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9, 2011 - 0505

As promised, I tried to stick to the full on rules and structure of an Irish poetry style. Oh my sweet FSM what an ordeal. I give much respect to those who can write in the styles of Ireland all the time, because it's not easy. I felt my eyes crossing more than once as I penned tonight's Rionnaird Tri-Nard.

It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, my afternoon shift counterpart left without the usual tirade about something. But we still had a few things to do, despite the rain.

Rainy Town, Quiet Night


Rain fell hard with winds high
I sat to wait for he
No talking time for me
Heads for home; we were free

Young man makes mother sad
Dad was also angry
Counselled kid; think ahead
of others. Mom thanks me

Walking/driving downtown
No one out, all is well
I do tell, drunks are Hell
None to tell, in our dell

No comments:

Post a Comment