Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24, 2011 - 0500

Well, I'm back. I had notes from the first day of my shift which I was working on when I ran out of time. Then there was day two, involving two DUI arrests, felony drug charges, and tons of fun for all involved. I ended up staying late that morning, even though I don't get paid overtime and I was officially on vacation that day. But there was work to be done and I did what I could to see it through.  All of that being said, I have nothing from either of those two days. There was too much going on and then I was away from work and out of state for four days.

Now tonight was my first night back from vacation and it was completely uneventful. Power outages kept most of the real fools away, leaving us with mere simple fools to observe.

Return From My Past


Very little happened while I was away
Although we like to think we are needed
Clearly, when we're gone things barely sway
And when our off time is depleted
Then we're back to work that day
In hopes that criminal oats weren't seeded
Over the town where children play
Next to parks and trees, and parents heeded

Overwhelmed by mail and paperwork
Vexed peer rambles about all things
Everyone ignores his words, yet there I lurk
Right in the door; my head...it rings

Because of storms the town is empty now
A matter of the power being out
Certainly this kept the drunkards out of town
Knowing this is why makes me mentally shout

Taking laps of my businesses and bars
Only so many times, yet I've traveled far

With head lights high we stopped to chat
Only a bit of English was able to be spoken
Reaching in I lower them; that was that
Knowledge that I'm at work with time unbroken

No comments:

Post a Comment