Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26, 2011 - 0510

I did the best that I could tonight. I stopped cars, I talked to people, but it was not meant to be for me. I'm not upset, because someone got arrested. I just wish I could have caught them.

I also attempted to write tonight's poem in the dactyl style. Again, I did the best that I could, but I started to fall asleep while hand writing this one, so if it isn't in the exact syllabic form, it wasn't for lack of trying. But, poetry to me isn't "sticking to the form". It's expressing what you want with words.

UNTITLED (Dactyl)


All for nil. I made my rounds
Along the streets in my town

Hunting for me doesn't mean guns
Catching a drunk is my fun

Tail lights and tires spin - all for nil
By the third stop, I've had my fill

Calling in drunks after they've left
Does not make me give your next call heft

One arrest made, drunk driver caught
Car towed, him processed , then forgot

I stop for a "fight" but away they run
They did not want to to join their fun

No comments:

Post a Comment