Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011 - 0500

As I wrapped up my work week, I figured it would be an uneventful Sunday night into Monday morning. It started out that way, but when we finally made it out onto the streets I was surprised at what I saw.

This morning is the classic sonnet, with a slightly altered rhyme structure. I didn't start out to make any changes, but ended up switching a couple things around and I like how it turned out. I'm sure there's a name for the type of sonnet written, but I have no idea what it would be.

Rare Sight Sonnet


My talk ran over with partner and peer
They debated and I just did not care
When we got out there was no one there
Except for a girl with eyes like a deer

She swayed from the booze on the low sidewalk
Boyfriend and her were just standing outside
Next to the street as if waiting to ride
She dropped her pants and I jerked to a stop

Boys pee outside, but girls do so rarely
Partner handcuffed her and took her to jail
Cursing and crying her ticket of fail
Called racist, she left. Laughs held in barely

The night finished slow. The paperwork done
Only early in shift did we have any fun

No comments:

Post a Comment