Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 12, 2011 - 0500

This week will be the sonnet week. All four will be in various styles of the classic poetry form. Always go with what works.

Monday are usually slow, as I've mentioned before. But tonight was particularly so. A strong storm came through in the morning but the power was all on and no real damage around town. When I checked my e-mail after the bars had closed I found a message from the chief, asking me to help with a presentation for the city. We are going to present information against allowing golf carts on city streets. I can see the downside of it, I just hope that we can convey that to the 9 members of the council.

Electric Conveyence Concerns


It's hard to think what I've been asked to do
Another senseless waste of city time
It's not that I'm too busy. That's not true.
But the silliness boarders on a crime

Who would want to drive a golf cart in town
A place where booze is the entertainment?
Just thinking of the trouble makes me frown
But we have the time to head this off yet

Two weeks to find all that we can about
the laws that we soon would face
I wonder if the chief and I have clout
enough to put this in it's proper place

I hope we end this long before it starts
For I see trouble brewing at it's heart

No comments:

Post a Comment