Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9, 2011 - 0500

Friday into Saturday. There were a lot of people milling about the sidewalks and streets all night, up until the bars closed. Fortunately no one was hit by a car, including mine although there were some close calls.

I think I've done free verse all four days this week. Next week I'll pick a different style and run with it for four  days. Enjoy the weekend

Nicely Un-Busy


When you're drunk and walking I commend you
But don't walk in front of my car too
It makes me worry that you're not okay
Please use sidewalks. Live another day

A call to us about a potential problem
Is he drunk or sick? My partner talk to him
He gives two samples, both times zeroes
Police and just ill, he calls us both heroes

Only the police get to have blue lights
But this Mustang I've seen on several nights
This evening our paths finally meet
Unlicensed driver ended up in my backseat

Moms big Lincoln had a bad alarm
Other than loud it caused no real harm
Unhooking the battery ended the sound
And she left her moms car in our now quiet town.

No comments:

Post a Comment