Saturday, July 2, 2011

July 2, 2011 - 0520

It's been said many times before, better late than never. I got called away from my desk for a couple of things, one fairly serious but not originating in my fair city, and the other not as much. But I'm back at the pen and i bring you my words.

In my few lines of the evening I use alliteration in tercet form. It's just what popped into my head, and seemed to work for me.

Tercets of Tumult
        -or-
Slow Sultry Summer Song


I slip and slide silently on the streets
My car completely a clone of other carriages
Nothing of note nearly all night

By and by boobery begins
Musical missionaries migrate to my town
For a drunken debauch in dim and darkened bars

Ruffians ran readily whenever I arrive
My attention attuned to their actions
Not that they'd noticed me near by

My offer to allow them to orate or explain themselves ignored
Later: Stop sign! Surprise! We spoke and then split
A simple citation certainly, but not needed

Time ticked by tentatively, too slowly for me
A bistros barrier was breached by the breeze
Lazy last leavers left unlocked. We looked and then left.

No comments:

Post a Comment