Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011 - 0500

First off: it's hot. 85 degrees at 0410, and it's starting to rain a little. Sure, why not add to the humidity. Second: I apologize for no post last Thursday, but that was my wedding anniversary. Four years ago I married the most wonderful woman ever. We had sushi, I was given the night off. It was a nice evening. And therefore I wasn't up at 0400 to write to you.

This week will be limerick week. A five line, usually humorous, often vulgar or obscene, set of lines, originating in my ancestral homeland, Ireland. I disagree that they should always be vulgar, or even humorous. Who's to really say that a limerick can't be clean. Or that it can't depict a serious situation or theme? It's true though, the raunchy ones are usually the funniest.

For tonight's rhymes, all you have to know about the night is that it was very hot and humid, the parties involved had been drinking, and to never, ever, waste electricity.

Laundry Limerick


Late night heat and warm beer makes one crazy
But doing laundry means you're not lazy
But if you don't close the door
You'll get knocked to the floor
And the rest of your thoughts will be hazy

No comments:

Post a Comment