Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1, 2011 - 0500

It was said to me that, if I were still in patrol I would have made my month all in about three hours tonight. But I'm not, so I didn't. And even if I were still "just a patrolman", I wouldn't let up just because I made two grabs in one night.

I went off the top of my head with this one. Basic free verse for your reading enjoyment. And now, back to my mountain of paperwork.

Three Hours, Two Arrests, One Happy Guy


Windy and warm we set out to find
Someone to lock up who wouldn't mind
if we smile and joked the night away
As long as they got some time to play

The first car I saw ran two signs
In front of the school I come to find
that they are headed home to rest
No DUI yet. I tried my best

My second stop was a righteous bust
Speeding and weaving were only just
two of the charges out of the three
that I wrote to the guy in his Mercedes

While waiting for a tow truck to com
I felt a certain radio hum
My phone ran out from a bouncers call
Assistance was needed, someone had to fall

Caught with the coke, he made up a name
But we soon were on to his pitiful game
Prints do not lie and he was charged thus
And this is why sometimes I have little trust

This flurry of action would normally take weeks
When summertime is at it's very peak
But tonight it all happened within three hours
My night was made. Some others will be sour

No comments:

Post a Comment