Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 7, 2011 - 0500

Another nice, quiet night. It was more empty in the bars in town than it was during the winter when the weather was crap. It makes for a long night, but it was a good contrast from the first two days of the last week.

I went free verse tonight.. Short, sweet and to the point.

Random Night Time Items


Our empty town is easy to patrol
When no one is here was can keep in under control

There was a brief moment early in the night
When I scrambled to find a copper to work in the light

After several calls a replacement was found
The only one who answered his telephone sound

There was some humor later as I drove my car
Windshield wipers on, though the rain was very far

And our only human contact of our slow eve
Was a drunk angry man whom we had to threaten to make leave

A few more laps and then I had my lunch
A hearty meal to end my night with a crunch

No comments:

Post a Comment