Friday, July 8, 2011

July 8, 2011 - 0500

Thursdays aren't exactly powerhouses of entertainment and excitement around my small town. Tonight was no different. We do get the odd busy Thursday, but for the most part it's a quiet day before the weekend starts.

I had a guy I really like working with for half the shift, and one that is fine but frustrated with his situation for the second half of the shift. With no calls for service, only one traffic stop and barely anyone out it made for a long night. And so I went with something unstructured for this one.

No Surprises Here


I'd like to say that I was shocked when he wasn't at work on time...
But I wasn't

I'd like to say that his replacement wasn't adequate...
But he was

I'd like to say that we stopped everything that moved...
But we didn't

I'd like to say that there was stellar radio reception...
But there wasn't

I'd like to say that I don't like my job when it's this slow...
But I do

No comments:

Post a Comment