Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 1, 2011 - 0500

Actually, August 2, 2011 at about 0150. Sometimes, things get in the way. Like life away from the streets. A couple of days off were complicated by at-home repairs that came out of the blue and needed immediate addressing. These have been taken care of, and we are all much happier at home for it.

Also, it seems that Google/Blogger have decided to let me publish today. Or my desktop is feeling generous. Either way, here it is from last night.

Looking to southeast Asia, we find a style called the Ya Du. It has a simple, Haiku-like structure, with a staircase rhyme sequence that is both fun and challenging. This one gives another look at what really doesn't go on in our town on a Sunday night.

Hot Days, Slow Nights, Back to Work


Lots of email for me
My four days seemed long
But these were hot days
My Ways were too short
And when I return there's nothing to report

Driving in the slow town
Deep sweat frown on faces
AC down. I understand.
We'll hand over money soon
Hoping for relief tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment