Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011 - 0500

Night two after a week away and I am beat. Coupled with the four hours of actual sleep I got yesterday and I'm sincerely hoping that I can get home and to bed at a reasonable hour.

That being said, I took on a challenging style this morning. The Rhopalic Verse is a pretty neat set of words strung together. They are in syllabic order: 1,2,3... and so on if you're wordy and smart. I stuck to no more than four syllables and that was enough to give my mind a workout.

Difficult Words to Write Through the Yawning


A little maddening metropolis
This city aspires
Bars open expecting alcoholics
But nothing partaking

My slumber quietly interrupted
Four hours collected
My vision compounded
By yawning restlessness

A single vehicle
A simple citizen conversation
No ticket extended
One warning completed

No comments:

Post a Comment