Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18, 2011 - 0500

Tonight, I got to put to use some of my more advanced officer safety skills. And by that I mean, I made three subjects do as I said, when I said and put them at a distinct tactical disadvantage. I was quite proud of myself.

For a Wednesday/Thursday it wasn't too bad. Enough to keep us busy until around 0300, and then there was enough in the office to get me through until 0400. Then, it only took me 15 minutes to gather my thoughts and write out the Cavatina, which is tonight's style. While is says it was and is unpopular in England, I liked this one. The change in meter and unique rhyme sequence was fun and just challenging enough at 0400 to make me have to think about the next rhyme.

Mixed Bag Mid-Week


The night was calm as I drove through the town
It's a good thing
My partners stop did not come on the air
Made my head ring
Matching bracelets for unlicensed driver
Work makes me sing
And then three kids just laying in the street
Then after, fresh tomatoes make lunch sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment