Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 10, 2011 - 0930

Man, do I feel like a fool. I've been home and only had a few minor chores to take care of and I didn't even post what I had written...last week. Sorry about that everyone. I have it all written out and so here it is.

This is a poetry style called a Dizain. It's French in origin, and has a 10 line structure, 8-10 syllables per line and an easy to follow rhyme pattern. The one that I wrote is about another nice and busy night at work and the many wacky things I saw that night.

A Good Working Weekend


Multiple puking was first on the list
One guy, back and forth, in the dark alley
Another guy peeing could not be missed
Thought he was hidden down in a valley
Caught, his pants fell - there's no dilly-dally
My second drunk driver in as many nights
It makes me happy when none of them fight
He hit a parked car as he pulled over
Refused the breath test, 'cause he knows his rights
Nice enough guy, but also not sober

No comments:

Post a Comment