Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5, 2011 - 0500

In a last ditch effort to get this out, here is some free verse I put down regarding slow nights. I know it's like hearing a stuck record, but most nights here go off without a hitch. Enjoy.

Thursday in 20 Lines


My usual coworker was off today
He keeps things interesting when here
His replacement is...adequate
But being part-time makes him reluctant to engage

A typical Thursday in our quiet town
Meaning a slooow first night back
My peer  bent my ear until one A.M.
I only got a two hour nap before work

One car stop yielded a student
Lost, but in control of his faculties
Second stop was more promising
But he was honest; and not drunk

I followed a drunk, shirtless man home
They usually pee somewhere along the way
He kept taking off and putting on his shirt
Nobody wanted to see that. No body.

Tomorrow night, Friday night, should be better
Busier town, more things moving, more potential
As long as things go smoothly I'll have fun
If there are problems, I will not be amused

No comments:

Post a Comment