Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 14, 2011 - 0500

The end of the work week brought a fairly slow night. And for a Saturday, that was a surprise. College students are starting to arrive in town now, and foot traffic is picking up as well. But so far, everyone is being good...for now.

Tonight I wrote a Goethe Stanza poem. It isn't so much the rhyme or meter, but the presentation. You will be able to see it easier than I could explain it.

Short Handed, Slow Night


It's good I worked, with a man out sick

Even though one could have handled the town
He'll burn himself like a candles wick

Busy, sick or slow...don't be a clown

He was so drunk he could barely stand

Blood dripping from a split elbow
Medics arrived and lent a hand

Where it happened he doesn't know

Form a residential caller a noisy party

I had to shut off my car to hear
A band far away was playing hearty

But were at a bar, no where near here

No comments:

Post a Comment