Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011 - 1415

Well, I'm back. After a week away from the town and the nightly grind of the shift it's good to be back. I would have written something last night, but I had other important documents to draft. Like a memo for reimbursement for mileage and fuel to the tune of almost $500.00. And a total reworking of our departments firearms program. I learned in those five days, that if someone in my department shoots someone right now, we are totally screwed. And I am not going to be in that bag, so I used my down time to draft a new training curriculum. I'll do some more on it tonight but I should also be able to put some poetry out as well.

I'm not going to try and rehash what I did in that week of training, but instead focus on what I usually write about which is my every night encounters.

Welcome Back, Welcomed Back, Welcome, Back


I was warned by text before I even arrived
That my peer would be ranting long into the night
But when we arrived we were both pleased to see
That he'd taken time off and that I would be free.

So I drove all the streets and said my hellos
To the businesses and all of the people I know
Drunk boys and girls all wandered the walks
Interrupting my driving with slurred boozy talks

Then I was greeted by a new throbbing pain
Not wearing a gun belt had suddenly drained
my lower back muscles of all of their holding
Uncomfortable driving from the belt not molding

But I was reprieved by hours of writing
New training materials that I knew I'd be sighting
After learning that we as a department were lacking
And a single lawsuit would send all of us packing

No comments:

Post a Comment