Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 2, 2011 - 0500

Looks like I'll actually get to publish twice in one day! *fingers crossed*

This set of lines is in the Spanish Quintain (Quintilla) style. Five lines in an eight syllable, set rhyme structure. Simple and classic. And not too bad to write in either.

I was told tonight that I was not to be trusted. This was third hand information, first spoken by a member of my department. He (I can say he, since we don't have any sworn female officers) is in such a mood lately that all of the command staff, of which I happen to be a part of, are out to harshly punish those in patrol. Not only that, since he's the only one who does any work, no one else is worthy either. He's a one man police department! It got me thinking about his attitude and what possible outcomes there could be from his attitude and actions.

Untrustworthy(?)


At work I am now an outcast
By one who thinks of wrongs done past
But I'm too new to feel his ire
His attitude makes others tire
If it keeps up he just won't last

Because I am the boss of some
I'm out to make punishment come
swiftly down on those below me
Everyone around here can see
His constant whining makes them numb

He's never happy here at work
And everyone thinks he's a jerk
If he could just go with the flow
And not make everything a show
Then being here would be a perk

I ignore him and keep growing
All the while I'm smiling, knowing
The more he acts like a big ass
Showing my boss he has no class
Out the door is where he's going

No comments:

Post a Comment