Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 10, 2011 - 0515

This one is posting a bit later than usual. My highly advanced desktop locked up on me, and it took almost 20 minutes to come back from the dead so that I could figure out which style to immortalize this particular Monday in. And I found it in the Pindaric Ode.

It wasn't an easy write, what with the rhyme structure and meter being fairly regulated. But for a first go at it I'm happy with the results. This is not an atypical Monday around where I work.

Ode To Monday Night


How many times must we go there
Alarm set off by maiden fair
Yet when we show on beery scene
To us fair maid is not keen
And so we leave the tavern in haste
For all this night there is time to waste.

We drive the streets, no one's about
Action tonight? I have my doubts.
The lack of people makes me frown
They are the lifeblood of the town
Don't wonder why the numbers are so low
Come out one Monday night and then you'll know

We finally got a call this night
Suspicious men in house to right
We found them and they told us true
Birthday party, the owner knew
And so we left them to their beer and wine
They had not broken in, all was fine.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment