Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, 2011 - 0500

It was so foggy when I left for work I couldn't see my car parked across the street from my house. And it only got worse when I got to work. But it did make it easy for people to be stopped, evidenced by my 5 traffic stops for the night. Too bad not one of them was drunk.

Tonight is a classic Italian sonnet. Iambic pentameter and a rigid rhyme structure that I held to quite nicely, if I do say so. Straight forward into the events of the evening.

Misty Busy Shoreside Night


The soup of fog lay all on the city
It stayed with us almost the whole night through
And though she saw, she did not stop. It's true
that striking walkers is never pretty

No lights at night and I will stop you cold
Run a stop sign and soon we two shall meet
Driving wrong way down a road is a feat
No drunks were driving these cars I was told

The girls who took the flowers, out again
Making merry at the same small tavern
The fog left and we had a clear view then

I saw two girls in a car sitting plain
One was male inside the nights dark cavern
And one more stop to bring night to an end

No comments:

Post a Comment