Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19, 2011 - 0500

It was another nice quiet night in town tonight. There were a few people about but for the most part, with the local college kids gone away there hasn't been much going on lately. But there was enough to bring you a few lines.

The couplet is a series of two liners. Usually with the same meter, with each one rhyming. It's quick, fun and easy to remember.

Silent Night Couplets


The other supervisor left for home before midnight
He sounded angry and sick, so I put up no fight

No matter what I tried, there were no cars to stop
Wednesdays are sometimes like that. Little go. Mostly stop.

My partner found a car while I was far away
By the time I got to them, he'd sent them on their way

While I roamed the town, a car passed on my left
Headed to the hospital, up from their cozy nest

My only other contact was with a crazy man
We denied his ride to home. It wasn't in our plan.

To round out my non-work I burned a DVD
DUI's from days ago, revived to amuse me

No comments:

Post a Comment