Monday, May 9, 2011

May 9, 2011 - 0510

I was surprised when I went to tag this post and Haiku didn't auto fill. I was sure that I'd written at least one before. A widely known and easily recognized form of Japanese poetry, the five/seven/five meter is easy to write. No rhyme structure means the writer doesn't have to labor over what may or may not rhyme or come close.

On Sunday, it was empty in the town. When it's like this, the most difficult thing to do is not crash the car while driving. I do that by getting out of the car and walking around, looking for something to get into.

A Series of Slow Sunday Haikus


1) 
Cold night on Sunday
I have to wear my coat still
I thought it was May

2)
No cars out tonight
We were driving north and south
And still there were none

3)
I walk to wake up
I spoke to no one. Not one
Person on the sidewalks here

4)
Doors unlocked. I'm in
Doctors office is at risk
Patient files to take

5)
The town is not big
Less than one mile end to end
I made several laps

6)
City and union
We don't see eye to eye now
I'll lose sleep for this

No comments:

Post a Comment