Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15, 2011 - 0520

A little late, but not due to technical errors. We had some late night/early morning fun time which kept me from getting to the notebook in a timely manner. But now I'm here, it's done and I can pass the wordy goodness on to you.

I was thinking that I would try a burlesque poem, but I'm not sure I captured the spirit of the form. It's supposed to take a serious subject and treat it in a humorous way. I looked for examples on other sites and many that I found weren't at all humorous. Some were actually pretty grim. So, maybe I did since there isn't any structure or rhyme sequence.

Running In The Rain


I can't be upset when he doesn't show up
And another has taken his place
The difference in experience alone
Is more than enough when I don't see his face

Try as I could I just can't get upset
When the next town's coppers get theirs
Barely able to stand she was whisked far away
With  rain droplets in her greazy hairs

All over our town in the drizzle and cold
Looking for the one magic stop
Headlight? No. No lights on? No.
All the while the temperature continued to drop

The overtime guards were changed halfway through
Experience giving way to youth
A lawyers office was found unsecured in the dark
With all of their working exposed, that's the truth

Mist and cold and drizzly drips
Increased until it was rain
Not making our night expire any faster
But enough to keep a spring in our hips

No comments:

Post a Comment