Friday, May 20, 2011

May 20, 2011 - 0505

It was fairly busy for a Thursday night in our little town. I say this because lately the Thursdays have been painfully slow and quiet. But there turned out to be a few little things that added up to making the night pass by. Here's the free verse version of our evening.

Just Enough


It seemed busier in town than I'd seen in a while
I was right
Lots of cars all over, patrons at every bar having a good time
But nothing moving
An astute and observant person told us of a fire on the army base
It was steam
Not long after that we helped out brethren with a drunk driver
None for us
I watched three guys walking all over the town, looking strange
They couldn't sleep
As I was driving along later I counseled two drunk women about stealing
They took flowers
Finally, cars and people began the end of night bar shuffle
One didn't stop
Nearly being broadsided by a perfectly sober person gave me pause
Made him cry
Last but not least, an open car door to wrap up the night
It was fine

No comments:

Post a Comment