Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011 - 0505

After a nice break, it was back to the grind on Monday night. And by grind, I mean a slow midnight shift. This isn't unusual where I work, but it doesn't make it any easier. Each Sunday and Monday enter and pass away as if they are slowing dying of some wasting disease. And with that thought, I decided to write an epitaph for Mondays in my town.

Here Lies Another Monday


Here lies another Monday
Ushered in by wind and cold
Sent out with the same

Here is entombed my brief conversation
With morning fast approaching
I was left alone by my peer

Look not for the night shift gone
It left us all wanting more
But gave us only the usual crawling of time

As the hunter takes down two
Do not cry for their demise
The wounds were as but scratches on paper

Fare thee well Monday
Until we meet again
Monday next. Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment