Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 28, 2011 - 0500

Despite the rain and crap weather, my wonderful wife came to work with me. This is exciting for me, because I love my job and like to show off at work for her. Unfortunately, things didn't work out as planned.

This set of verses is in a style called memoriam stanzas. The meter is iambic tetrameter, based on the poem "In Memoriam A.H.H." by Alfred, Lord Tennyson. Rhyme is simple and quick, just like tonight at work.

Shortened Ride-Along


She came with me to see me work
I tried and tried to make it fun
A car we stopped for stop sign run
A valet, nice, and not a jerk

Then I was called to see the man
And to the station I did drive
My Baby left for home to thrive
While I was stuck with anger grand

30 minutes he stood and yelled
I felt like I could not just leave
He wears emotions on his sleeve
And I the stories hear him tell

Town started full but soon dropped off
One by one the bars did empty
With no one out I stopped to see
A barman, and my hat I doffed

Half an hour left for business
And only one was still in use
The crowd thinned like down on a goose
When I drove up and ended this

Maybe it worked out she went home
Baby would not have seen too much
No fights or stops, arrests and such
Just driving and the tires drone

No comments:

Post a Comment