Tuesday, April 1, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 1, 2014

I'm going to give this a crack. I once had a go at National Novel Writing Month a few years ago and was successful at completing it. It wasn't easy to crank out 50,000 words in a month but I was mostly happy with the end result. And to that end, when I found out that there was a poetry one in a similar vein, I knew I had to try that one out as well. So, here is my first entry for NaPoWriMo. Wish me luck.

One A Day, No Vitamins

What makes me think that I'm up to the task
That I can rattle my brain every day?
How do I intend to reach in and to ask
If I've got any words to say?

Should I go with the flow
And let it all out? Should I stick to a meter and beat?
Or should I come up with a theme for every one
Wouldn't that be just too neat.

I think that I'll surely give it my best
I'll put the words to the screen and then post
And at the end of the month I can say without jest
That in April I had reason to boast.

No comments:

Post a Comment