Wednesday, April 30, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 30, 2014

30 straight days of writing. I don't know how many words or lines or verses that is, but it's impressive nonetheless. Thank you to those who have read what I have written, and if you like any of it by all means leave comments and let me know about it.

I will endeavor to keep up with it, going back and trying out some of the earlier styles and schemes. But for now, here's the last one of the month. And of course, what better way to wrap up than with a sonnet.

Done, But Not Over
The month is now done, the pen is set down
As I say farewell to this writing task
Hoping that I have made smiles out of frowns
With only one humble request to ask

If you hear the muse, then take up a pen
Take out a notebook and put thoughts to page
Write down what you feel, because only then
So words will be kept for every age

I'll give you more rhymes, some old and some new
Improving with each of the words that I write
I've enjoyed this whole month with nothing to prove
We go now into that poets good night

Thank you dear readers for sharing my space
I hope that I'll see you again in this place

No comments:

Post a Comment