Sunday, April 13, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 13, 2014

Here it is, a lazy, rainy, Sunday afternoon. I finished up crossing my eyes to get the work schedule completed for the month. It's a mess, to say the least. We run pretty close to minimum staffing at my workplace, and when someone is out sick, it makes it even tighter. Well, we have one guy out on an extended injury leave and a second is out with his newborn baby. Which makes for some long days for some, and extra days for others.

Pair that with the rain and I end up looking like the bad guy for forcing folks to work. Such is the life of the supervisor.

It Can Be Lonely At The Top

For the overall good
I have to do "bad"
To keep the honcho happy
I make others mad

Our hands are so short
That we can't reach the light
Working long days
And some extra nights

The moaning and groaning
I can already hear
Some soft as a kitten
Some piercing my ear

But until we are more
We'll make due with less
And the paper of working
Will look like a mess

No comments:

Post a Comment