Friday, April 4, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 4, 2014

Nothing says classic poetry like the one and only sonnet. A standard for Shakespeare and countless others for centuries. This is the first of what I'm sure will be many more this month.

NaPoWriMo Sonnet #1

With the wind howling outside of my door
I sit and I stare at the blank screen
The dog shifts roughly and lets out a snore
While the blank white page stares back at me. Clean

As a drift of the snow that has melted
And as harsh as the cold piercing draft
The spring time rain on my windows have pelted
Giving a rhythm to my typing craft

I see trees bending under the force of the gale
As I sit warm and snug in my room
Shielded away from the gray sky so pale
The color of wintertime's fading gloom

Green is returning to the ground and the sky
And summer will be upon us by and by


No comments:

Post a Comment