Saturday, April 26, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 26, 2014

Yesterday I wrote about my wonderful wife. She's the brightest star in my galaxy and I love her dearly. Today, I will show my love for the other two girls in my world, our dogs Fiona and Pepper.

Normally, I'd give Pepper top billing, but I feel that it wouldn't be fair to Fiona anymore. We had to say our goodbyes to Pepper almost two years ago and it still hurts me to think about it. But whenever I get too down, I think of Fiona and her wacky antics and snugly ways and I smile all over again. This one is for you girls.

Furry Friends

These are the children in our house
One rambunctious, one quiet as a mouse
Quite a pair of pups we have

When thinking of the one makes me blue
The other makes me laugh, she always comes through
I love them with all of my heart

There are times when I call one by the other name
I feel bad when I do, and she's not to blame
I'm forgiven with wet, doggy kisses

Pictures and video of the one we miss
Taking more of the same of our current miss
We'll never forget either of them when they're gone

She's always in mind and always will be
And so is the other undoubtedly
My mind, my heart, our dogs, forever

No comments:

Post a Comment