Saturday, April 5, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 5, 2014

It's Saturday, and for most folks that means a day off. Not for me, and my fellow officers. We work more often than the postal carriers. Every day, all weather, light or dark.

ENDO

The day on the calendar is meaningless to me
Monday. Thursday. Sunday. Saturday
In my mind, it's Day 1. Or 2. Or 3. Or 4.
Everyday. No Days Off

That's when I work. It doesn't matter that it's
A birthday. A holiday. Or any day
For me it's Day 1. Or 2. Or 3.Or 4.
Everyday. No Days Off

While family is at home, or occasionally out with friends
I more often than not am at work.
On Day 1. Or 2. Or 3. Or 4.
Everyday. No Days Off

This is the life of the police. 
A sacrifice of time spent with wife, husband, or child.
Because of Day 1. Or 2. Or 3. Or 4.
Everyday. No Days Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment