Thursday, April 10, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 10, 2014

It's crazy in my house! There are guys putting in new carpet, a new gun safe was just delivered, the dog is curious as hell. All of that doesn't mean that I will be shirking my responsibility to bring you poetry on a daily basis.

I saw a shadow that caught my imagination yesterday. I had put up a new American flag outside of the front door and with the wind and sunshine it made for a bit of inspiration.

Living Nature

The hug of spring warms the trees and ground
Melting away the frosty bite of winter
A bright shining eye looks down upon the flowers
And the fingers of the day caress the blades of grass

Warm breath of the breeze blows gently
Sending dark and light across the sidewalk
And across the shrubs near the house
The branches filling and emptying their lights blood

Voices on the air, singing bird songs
Chattering chipmunks and squirrels
An odd dog barks somewhere
Wanting to join in the glorious day

Quickly fading into blackness
Night falls on the streets 
Heat of the day is replaced
With the cool refreshing night

No comments:

Post a Comment